Tuesday, July 19, 2011

10 Days!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it! Today is the 19th of July! Where did all that time go?! You know what this means! In just 10 days I'll be leaving for Japan! Aaaah!! Madness!! I am so excited and nervous I can hardly stand it, but I know God will take care of me!

First of all, I would like to thank those who have decided to support me both through prayer and financially. It is so unbelievably encouraging to see all the positive responses I've gotten back! X) All the encouraging notes telling me that you're keeping me and my group in your prayers brings warmness to my heart! (Okay that was a little cliche and corny but there really is no other way to express the happiness your amazing support has given me!) It's been about a week and a half since I've started receiving responses and I've already collected $875! Whooo hoo! This brings my total up to almost $2,000! I'm halfway there!

I'd like to ask you to keep me in your prayers more than ever right now, while I'm preparing to go. Like i said before, I am extremely nervous for this trip, which will be completely full of new experiences and a group of people I'll be meeting for the first time at the airport on the 29th. Please pray that God grants me the peace and serenity I need going into this commitment.

Thank you again for all your support and positive responses! I am so grateful for the swiftness of your replies! They are all a great encouragement and have added immensely to my excitement! As always, I'll keep you posted!

~Elaine

P.s. If you would like to give financial support online please go to http://www.ccci.org/. Click on the the button that says "give" at the bottom. My number is 5622198.

P.p.s. You may have heard, but yes, I did dye my hair pink for the midnight release of Harry Potter. But don't worry! It's fading fast and I have no doubt it'll be gone before I leave for Japan! (or mostly at least!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment